Does Wanderlustingk accept guest posters? Sort of, but we’re super picky.
I run an independent travel blog with 25,000+ followers on social media & 150,000+ page views (April 2018). My readers are curious, well-traveled, and always looking for the insider scoop about a place. It’s a mix of Europeans and Americans (who like to travel internationally). You can check out my guest posts here.
I accept guest posts from real bloggers, not companies posing as bloggers or SEO agencies. I will see straight through fake guest posts and if you manage to slip through the cracks, I will pull the post. I do not accept “sponsored” content from guest posters. You only get links to your own personal blog, which cannot be a commercial website.
For SEO agencies and shady “bloggers” who have a client backlink to promote: I do not accept commercial guest posts and don’t contact me. I do not endorse products that I have not personally used nor do I sell follow links.
What I look for in a guest post and the guest poster
- Someone who knows the area as a local and/or long-time visitor with =an interest in history, culture, food, sports, adventure travel, or something else related to travel.
- You’re a real person.
- Not the same stuff as the top 10 on tripadvisor.
- A definitive viewpoint preferably
- A guide that can cover the topic comprehensively with specific details (e.g. if you discuss your favorite neighborhood, please name your favorite restaurant and a great dish. [Doesn’t need to be done for every restaurant, but if you have a favorite item, mention it.].)
- 1000+ words (or more)
- Original images (if possible). Images must belong to you. I have access to stock images, so not a problem if you don’t have any images.
- You’re okay with SEO optimization edits.
- Blog post has never been published anywhere before. Similar posts okay, but please clear them with me first as to avoid duplicate content.
- A draft that has been edited for grammar.
- Will respond in a reasonable time frame to requests and edits.
- Will share the post once it’s finished to your social media platforms.
What you get by guest posting for me
- A built-in audience
- SEO Optimization
- Fact checking to ensure your information is updated
- Relevant images from Instagram embedded into the post
- I will create all social media graphics
- I will dedicate a week to sharing your post across social media on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook to reach a broader audience
- Native English speaking editor
- A do follow link to your personal blog (Preferably a post on a related topic if you want to get traffic.)
Guest Post Ideas that do well here… Although I’m open to others.
- Local guide to your city/region
- Where to eat/drink
- Best food to try in your region
- Off the beaten path locations
- Your city on a budget
- Best neighborhoods in your city
- Best photography spots in your city
- Best day trips from your city
- Itinerary for your city
- Public transportation
- Self-guided Walking tour
- Travel tips for a city/park that you wish people knew before visiting.
- National parks
- Road trip itineraries
- Road trip tips for X country
- Independent itinerary for traveling around a region or country
- Things you wish you knew before visiting X (place/country/attractions)
- Best places to visit in your country
- Seasonal guide to your city (e.g. Christmas / New Year’s / a big national celebration).
- Complete itinerary for your country
- Things to know before you visit X
- Cool cultural drinks/traditions in X country worth experiencing.
- Helpful travel tips
- Travel tips for X city/region/country
- What to pack for a destination