Where to Go In Amsterdam
Free map with all the spots where I've hunted and I've heard the best Pokemon will appear below. You can send it to your phone OR save it to your own google maps if you find it helpful.
De Blauw Theehuis (Vondelpark)
KFC in the Dappermarkt
De Oeverlanden (Ooievaarsnest)
10 Tips that I learned while playing so far
2.Download Google Maps for Amsterdam for offline use. It will reduce your data usage by A LOT.
3. Catching ALL the pokemon near you is a good strategy at first, however try to save your pokeballs for the ones that are rare OR you're trying to evolve.
4. It's often better to catch & evolve a high level lower level pokemon than keep powering up a lower evolved one.
5. ALWAYS check the skills that each Pokemon has before evolving. Certain attacks are more powerful against common adversaries, so don't trade one in just because it's lower CP.
6. BE CAREFUL. Amsterdam is full of canals. Don't be the first one to fall in the canal while playing PokemonGo!
7. Try to find cafes where there are lots of others--or the staff keeps the lures going. Lures will help you catch rarer Pokemon and if you can be at a spot with THREE lures around it, you will catch some amazing Pokemon very frequently.
8. If a gym is white, you can take it over (very briefly).
9. If you take over a gym, go to store, press the shield button, and reap your reward for being a gym master in the form of free Pokecoins that you can use to purchase items!
10. You can gain up some extra kilometers to help your eggs hatch by leaving Pokemon running on your phone while you're just sitting still at a table/desk. The GPS might think that you're moving---enough that you can hatch an egg if you're close.